Friday, September 4, 2015

Top 10 Summer Movies-2015


September has finally cracked our calendars.  That means two things, football season is here, and that the summer movie season is finished.  

This summer, we witnessed a battle of blockbusters.  A director coming full circle, with his fourth film in the franchise he started.  We have seen some remakes, disaster films, biopics, and tearful animation.   

Now I haven't seen every film that came out this summer.  So there might be a few that could of made my Top 10.  

Here's that list: Trainwreck, Mission Impossible Rogue Nation, The Gift, Dope, Me Earl and the Dying Girl, Amy, Mr. Holmes, The Man from U.N.C.L.E., Terminator Genisys, and Cop Car

Movies that just miss my list:
Maggie, Spy, Insidious: Chapter 3, No Escape, Slow West, Pitch Perfect 2, Vacation, and Shaun the Sheep

10.
San Andreas
 
I original thought this movie was going to be awful.  To my surprise, I rather enjoyed seeing Dwayne Johnson battle nature.  It was a fun time to see some disaster.

9.
The Avengers: Age of Ultron
The first blockbuster of the summer, truly flexed it's muscles.  Though there was some disappointment with fans, I was one of them.  That doesn't mean, I didn't have fun.  I still enjoy my heroes!

8.
5 Flights Up
What is this film you ask?  Well, it's a simple story about a couple trying to find a new apartment.  I loved the chemistry between Freeman and Keaton.  Just a sweet film.

7.
Ted 2
I wasn't a huge fan of the first film.  So I was pleasantly surprised by how much I laughed, this time around.  The cameo in the grocery story lol!

6.
Ant-Man
A movie that proves Marvel can't do any wrong.  The first 15 minutes or so, I didn't enjoy but it got better.  It was really funny.  I loved what Paul Rudd can bring to this Universe.

5.
Southpaw
This movie has my favorite performance of the year.  Gyllenhaal is just simply amazing.  He is quickly becoming my favorite actor.  

4.
Straight Outta Compton
This was my most anticipated of the summer, and it didn't disappoint me at all.  I had so much fun and enjoyed every minute of it.

3.
Jurassic World
This was the only film this summer that I went to see twice.  This may not be the best film, but I enjoyed going back to the island.  Chris Pratt, is Mr. Summer movie.

2.
Inside Out
Pixar is in the business to make grown men cry.  They succeeded again with this film.  What an emotional journey, that will tug at the heart strings and make you laugh out load!

1.
Mad Max: Fury Road
What a nonstop thrill ride.  This movie grabs ahold of you and never lets go!  Charlize Theron is totally a bad ass.  Tom Hardy continues doing amazing films.  This should get some oscar buzz.  The makeup and special effects should be remembered for a long time!

Well that's my list!  What did I get wrong?  What's your list?
Comment Below

Thank You
Adam







No comments:

Post a Comment